Saturday, August 25, 2012

Artists Statement Part 3


This is it. I am not going to look at it again for a few days. I tend to fiddle with something so long that I end up wrecking it. 

Re-Use, Re-New, Re-Purpose.
Love of textile art is part of my life. My type of meditation is to create something and that feeds the creative yearnings of my heart.
My artistic journey has travelled through many genres including art and bookmaking but always leads back to textiles. My favorite pieces are thoses that combine the impractical into something practical. My latest pieces combine new work with Ephemera I have rescued, creating tangible works of very personal art. Those transformations are equal parts joy and frustration.

You might also beinterested in
Artists Statement Part 2
Artists Statement Part 1

No comments: