Sunday, January 10, 2010

Another Hot day

I am sorry to complain but Summer is my least favorite time of the year. Today it hit 44 C here in South Oz. I wish I was sweating fat instead of perspiration. I worked today and the building I was in has evaporative airconditoning so it cooled it to about 30 degrees C. Oh well cooler days on Tuesday and Wednesday when I am going to have a couple of days off.
I have finished tacking bits of pre-felt together on my hat. I put it on the kitchen table and did it. I am going to add some silk fibres for some sparkle as it looks a bit dull. A couple of the prefelts had silk felted in and they are sparkling compared to the rest so tomorrow night I might add the silk and then Tuesday I shall start to felt. I don't have a small hand piece set up and I do need to get on with that and a 15cm square piece for Fiber Forum. I have a photo of a Monarch Butterfly I have been looking at and I think I will do something with it. Come on cool weather.

2 comments:

Sparklyjools said...

I'd happily swap a bit of your warmth for our freezing temperatures Peta! It's just on freezing today and more snow forecast here! Looking forward to seeing pics of your hat soon!

Clasheen said...

Still snowing here in SE Ireland and more to come. Have had no water for days and last night no central heating or electricity either, heat sounds good although I confess to LOVING snow!! Biggest upside from the fibre side of things is trying to get to grips with my Ashford Knitters Loom because I have no water for felting.