Thursday, July 17, 2008

Tilly in the Tub


Here is a photo of Tilly's head, she is going to be a sleeping fairy for our display in November. I am using the Tilly in the Tub by Christine Treleaven. I have reduced the pattern as she is quite a big old girl. I got her eyelashes from our local discount store (Cheap as Chips for the Aussies) they cost $2.00.
I have made her body and I am going to stuff it tonight. I found a piece of silk in my stash and I am going to paint that for her costume.
My inspiration is from Shakespeare. 'I know a bank where the wild thyme grows and Titania sleeps'.
I know that Titania is supposed to be the beautiful fairy queen but Terry Pratchett fans know that the fey can be devious and my Titania is aging gracefully.
I was going to wait up for No 1 son's plane to land. He is coming home for 10 days from East Timor. His plane was delayed and he missed his connection in Sydney so he will now be landing about 8 am. His girlfriend is picking him up and bringing him up here. All the family are coming for dinner tomorrow night. Corned Beef with white sauce and then lemon meringue pie for dessert. His favourite. In fact all my kids would nominate corned beef or a good roast lamb as their favourite.

No comments: